Beekeeping 102: Managing Your Hives
In our Beekeeping 101 course, we explored honeybee biology, beehive styles and the basics of becoming a beekeeper. In this course, we will be taking an in-depth look at hive management in every season, with a focus on varroa mites and integrated pest management. From installing your bees to preparing for winter, we will cover how to effectively manage your hive through the next beekeeping season and beyond!
Designed for new and existing beekeepers alike, this three-hour course will cover:
- Guidelines for purchasing your bees
- Seasonality of beekeeping
- Bee installation
- Purposeful management strategies
- Integrated pest management techniques
- Preparing hives for winter
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems early
By the end of this course, you will have a solid foundation for successful beekeeping in the upcoming season!
This class will be operated with an assumed knowledge of beginning beekeeping topics.
Sunday, February 18 from 6:30p - 9:30p
Meat for Cats & Dogs
2244 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214